Buttermilk brined and fried chicken is an excellent way to get tender and juicy chicken. But can you brine steak in it also.
If you know me, I had to try it. I bought the best steak I could find and did the test. You know what? Buttermilk brined steak works fantastic.
- thumb thick steaks
- half a litre of buttermilk
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of paprika powder
- 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of onion powder
- Mix the buttermilk with the rest of the ingredients and put in the steak. Let this brine in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Take the steak out of the buttermilk and lay it on a cooling rack. Pat it dry with some paper towel and let it air dry on the rack while you start your grill.
- Make 2 zones on your grill and let the steak come to a temperature of around 52°C (126F) on the cooler side of the grill.
- Take them out of the grill and let them rest while you let the temperature rise in the grill.
- After 10 minutes of resting you sear the steak above direct heat for a nice crust.
- Season with sea salt and dig in immediately.
Big thanks to Napoleon Grills for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.