I’ve bought a couple of butter aged steaks and didn’t know what to do with the butter after taking it off the meat. And you know by now how I think. I had to experiment with this butter.
What if you could sautee your onions with it. And guess what? It worked out fantastic, and they were deliscious.
- 1 kilo of small onions like pearl onions
- 500 grams of butter
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper
- Peel the onions to get rid of the dry outer skin and cut off the stem ends. Take a cast-iron skillet and put the onions in.
- Cut the butter into smaller pieces and cover the onions. Sprinkle on the salt and pepper.
- Put the skillet on the grill over direct heat and close the lid.
- After 20 minutes, when the onions are softened, you take the skillet off the heat and let the onions cool.
- Serve them while still warm.
Big thanks to Napoleon Grills for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.