I love curry so much and cook it often. Traditionally with chicken. But I wondered why no one mixed barbecue with curry?
What if I made curry pork ribs. I took 2 baby back ribs and made a delicious curry. This dish is going to make you smile. That’s a promise.
- 2 baby back ribs
For the marinade
- 100 grams of garlic paste
- 50 grams of ginger paste
- 3 tbsp of chili powder
- 2 tbsp of table salt
For the curry paste
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 50 grs of butter
- 3 tbsp of garlic paste
- 200 grs of chopped onions
- 1 kilogram of sliced tomatoes
- 100 grs of cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp of garam masala
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 4 tbsp of vinegar
- 200 grs of butter
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 2 tsp of chilli powder
- Prepare the ribs by taking of the membrane. Stick a dull dinner knife between the bone and the membrane. Pull it up so you can stick a finger underneath. Now pull off the membrane while holding down the ribs.
- Mix the ingredients for the marinade and pour it over the ribs. Make sure the meat is covered on all sides and let it marinate for at least 2 hours in the fridge.
- Start up your smoker with a temperature of 120°C (248F). Put the ribs on and close the lid. Let them sit for 3 to 4 hours till they pick up a nice smoke colour and the marinade formed a crust.
- In the meanwhile, you can make the curry paste. Put a pan on the fire on low heat. Pour in the oil and 30 grams of butter. Add the garlic paste and the chopped onions. Cook it until the garlic turns soft and glacy.
- Put in the sliced tomatoes and bring them to a simmer. Let this cook until the tomatoes are boiled down.
- Add the cashew nuts, garam masala, sugar, vinegar, chilli powder, salt and butter. Stir it and let it simmer down to a rough curry paste. If you want the paste to be smoother you can put it through a blender.
- Cut the ribs into smaller parts and put them in the curry paste. Let this cook a little longer so the flavours can combine. Ad a little thick cream before you serve.
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.