What can you do with brisket that hasn’t been done before? I think I did it. I coated a whole brisket with spicy Doritos and smoked it.It seems like a ridiculous idea, but you have to try anything at least once before you can judge it. I tried it, and I was pleasantly surprised.
How well is this recipe
- 1 piece whole packer brisket
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 3 pieces chili pepper doritos bags
- 1 part salt
- 1 part ground black pepper
- ½ part onion powder
- ½ part paprika powder
- ¼ part garlic powder
- Do not trim the brisket, but leave the fat cap on. Just pat the surface dry with some paper towel.
- Brush a good layer of mustard on all sides of the meat. Mix the ingredients for the dry rub and sprinkle an even layer on the brisket.
- Open the bags of Doritos and crumble them by squeezing the bags. Sprinkle a heavy layer of the crushed Doritos on the brisket and push it in the mustard.
- Fire up your smoker with a temperature of 140ºC/284°F. Lay the brisket on the grates, stick a thermometer in the thickest part and close the lid.
- After 8 to 9 hours, the brisket has reached a core temperature of 96ºC/205°F, and then you can take it out of the smoker.
- Let it rest for 20 to 30 minutes before slicing the brisket.
Calories: 713kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 94gFat: 34gSaturated Fat: 12gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 281mgSodium: 542mgPotassium: 1517mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 68IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 30mgIron: 9mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.