The size of a brisket is usually a bit too much.That is why we suggest this recipe, here we use just a part of the brisket (the flat section) so we can cook this piece in a fraction of the time, for a fraction of the cost.
- 1 piece brisket flat section
- 500 ml beef broth
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ piece onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pieces cloves
- 2 pieces bey leaves
- 1 part salt
- ½ part brown black pepper
- ¼ part onion powder
- ⅛ part garlic powder
- Trim all the vet at the bottom and make it look good.
- Make a rub by mixing all the ingredients for the rub together.
- Sprinkle a thick layer of rub on the brisket (all the sides) don’t be shy.
- Fire up the barbecue and set the temperature to 120°C/240°F.
- And add some smoke wood to your liking, PitmasterX uses beach wood for a mild smoke flavor, you can also use oak for a stronger flavor.
- Put the brisket with the vat cap down over indirect heat so that the vat cap can act as a shield and can keep all the moisture in the meat.
- Place a thermometer in the thickest part of the brisket so we can keep an eye on the temperature.
- Let this sit until the core temperature is around 72°C/160°F.
- Now it’s time to make the spray liquid.
- Take a pan and put all the ingredients for the liquid in it.
- Let this simmer for 10 minutes, then let it cool down until it’s warm to the touch.
- Put the mixture in a sprayer and spray the brisket.
- Repeat this every time the brisket looks dry.
- When the brisket hits the core temperature of that 72°C/161°F, wrap it in butcher paper and place it back. (Vat cap up this time)
- Wait approximately 4 hours longer until the core temperature gets to 92°C/198°F.
- Let the brisket rest for 60 minutes in a cool box and your brisket is done!
Calories: 722kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 96gFat: 34gSaturated Fat: 12gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 281mgSodium: 978mgPotassium: 1619mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 36IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 44mgIron: 9mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Masterbuilt for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.