Birria taco’s are delicious, but very labor intensive and expensive, this recipe is fast, easy and cheap!
How well is this recipe
- 2 pieces white onions
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 kg brisket leftovers or other leftover meat sliced in cubes
- 500 ml beef broth concentrated
- 1 ½ litres water
- 3 pieces chipotle dried and smoked chilly (or other chilly’s)
- 50 grams cheese
- Find some leftover meat in your fridge. (or look for beef what has a short cooking time like a skirt steak of flat iron)
- Cut them into small cubes.
- Grab a dutch oven and put the olive oil into it, chop the onions fine and add them into the pan.
- Put the rest of the ingredients into the pan, and let it get to a boil.
- Let this simmer for 20 minutes, so all the flavors can blend with each other.
- Now you can grind some cheese.
- Let a cast iron plate get up to temperature and put a taco on it, put some meat on it, put the shredded cheese onto it.
- Fold it and put a scoop of the meat juice over it.
- Flip it over to bake the other side.
- Grab a cup and put some juice out of the dutch oven for some dipping.
- You are done now! enjoy your Birria Taco’s
Calories: 875kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 108gFat: 45gSaturated Fat: 16gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 323mgSodium: 945mgPotassium: 1773mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 167IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 127mgIron: 10mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Polar Grilli for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.