When you have the choice and the budget you should always buy the best meat you can get. But what if you can only get the cheap spareribs. The skinny shiners. No problem.That’s how barbecue started. To make the most of the cheaper cuts of meat. I show you how what to do with the cheap spareribs and make them fantastic.
- 1 piece baby back ribs Adjust to amount you're making
For the dry rub
- 1 part table salt
- 1 part paprika powder
- 1 part onion powder
- 1/2 part tumeric
- 1/2 part ground black pepper
- 1/4 part garlic powder
- Prepare the ribs by taking of the membrane. Put a dull dinner knife between the bone and the membrane and lift it until you can get a finger underneath. Then pul it of.
- Next, you mix the ingredients for the dry rub. Sprinkle an even layer on both sides of the ribs.
- Fire up your smoker to a temperature of 140°C (284F). Put the ribs on the grates and close the lid.
- While the ribs are smoking you can make the sauce by putting the ingredients in a pan and let it simmer. The sauce is ready when the sugar is dissolved and you see a slow bubble appear.
- The ribs are ready in 3 and a half to 4 hours and you can stick the probe of your thermometer in the meat without resistance.
- Then you brush the sauce on with a thin but even layer. That’s easy to do when the sauce is still warm.
- Let the sauce heat up on the ribs so it caramelized and gets sticky. Take them out of the smoker and serve immediately.
Calories: 344kcalCarbohydrates: 46gProtein: 14gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 1003mgPotassium: 415mgFiber: 1gSugar: 38gVitamin A: 470IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 40mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.