It’s been a trend and a myth for over 20 years. People have had all kinds of opinions about it.This is my take on a “woke” 2022 version of beer can chicken with a touch of Morrison.
- 100 grams butter
- 150 ml hot sauce cayenne based
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp PitmasterX's classic bbq rub
- 1 tbsp Chipotle in adobo sauce
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp PitmasterX's classic bbq rub
- Add around 5 tablespoons of olive oil to a small bowl.
- Add in a tablespoon of chipotle in adobo sauce and mix it up.
- Brush the oil over your chicken and cover it completely along with the inside.
- Create the PitmasterX BBQ rub and cover it generous along with the inside as well.
- Warm up a beer as much as you can without cooking it.
- Fill up the can with a beer or anything because it doesn’t really matter but its fun!
- Set the chicken on top and set your Burnhard smoker to a temp of 180°C/365°F.
- Smoke your chicken until the core hits 75°C/167°F
- Create a buffalo hot sauce by adding all the ingredients for the sauce into a pan.
- Stir it all up and let reduce and let it cool down.
- Poor the sauce over the chicken and you are done!
Calories: 353kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 1gFat: 38gSaturated Fat: 15gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 1202mgPotassium: 82mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 956IUVitamin C: 28mgCalcium: 40mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.