I'm gonna put two amazing things together: Flap meat and Porchetta flavours. Ever since I started BBQ Porchetta is one of my favorite things to make. So after years of making them, I decided it was time to make my own version. So here it is, beef porchetta!
- 1 BBQ tongs
- 1 Skottsberg cast iron grill pan 28cm
- 1 piece flapmeat
Fresh spice mix
- 1 handful fresh thyme chopped fine
- 1 handful fresh sage chopped fine
- 1 handful fresh rosemary chopped fine
- 2 pieces lemons, zested
- 0.5 tbsp pepper and salt
- 60 grams green peppercorns
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 250 grams cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- Clean up the flap meat by taking off the excess silver skin.
- Butterfly the meat by cutting it in half, but not all the way through.
- Chop fine the herbs and zest the lemon and sprinkle the mixture over your flap meat. Also add white peper and sea salt. Then roll up the meat and cover the outside in the herbs as well.
- Tie up the meat with butchers twine.
- Fire up your Kamado Jou with a medium amount of charcoal. Place in the grill grates and let it come up to a temprature of 140 degrees celcius.
- In the meantime we're gonna make an amazing sauce to go with the porchetta. In a pan, heat up olive oil and put in the green peppercorns.
- Add some chopped green onions, garlic and cherry tomatoes. Let it fry until everything goes soft and put on some salt.
- Turn around the meat until it builds up a nice crust. And let it come up to a temperature of 52 degrees celcius.
- Take it off and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- take off the butchers twine and slice it up. Serve it on some fresh bread together with that amazing sauce and you're ready to eat!.
Calories: 22kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 1gFat: 0.2gSaturated Fat: 0.1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.1gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.03gSodium: 1862mgPotassium: 151mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 325IUVitamin C: 15mgCalcium: 26mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.