I came up with an idea to make the ultimate meat pie. Not a pie filled with meat but a pie made out of meat.It’s an insane idea, but I have to try it to get it out of my system. And the only way you understand what I made is to make it too.
- 1 baking tray
- 1 inside skirt steaks 1.5Kg each
- 1 part salt
- ½ part paprika powder
- ½ part onion powder
- ¼ part garlic powder
- ¼ part ground black pepper
- ½ part parsley dried
- ¼ part rosemary powder
- ¼ part thyme powder
- Mix the ingredients for the dry rub and sprinkle it on both sides of the skirt steaks.
- Roll them up and tie them with some butchers twine in two places. Now cut the steak roll in half, so you have to tied up rolls.
- Place the rolls on a baking tray.
- Fire up your smoker with a temperature of 140°C/284°F. Place the baking tray in the smoker.
- Stick a thermometer in the meat and close the lid.
- The meat pie is ready when it reaches a core temperature of 97°C/207°F.
- Let it rest for half an hour under aluminium foil before serving.
Calories: 132kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 18gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 153mgPotassium: 256mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 84IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 7mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.