I came up with an idea to make the ultimate meat pie. Not a pie filled with meat but a pie made out of meat.
It’s an insane idea, but I have to try it to get it out of my system. And the only way you understand what I made is to make it too.
- 2 inside skirt steaks off 1,5 kilo each
For the dry rub
- 1 part salt
- 1/2 part paprika powder
- 1/2 part onion powder
- 1/4 part garlic powder
- 1/4 part ground black pepper
- 1/2 part dried parsley
- 1/4 part rosemary powder
- 1/4 part thyme powder
- Mix the ingredients for the dry rub and sprinkle it on both sides of the skirt steaks.
- Roll them up and tie them with some butchers twine in two places. Now cut the steak roll in half, so you have to tied up rolls.
- Place the rolls on a baking tray
- Fire up your smoker with a temperature of 140°C (284F). Place the baking tray in the smoker.
- Stick a thermometer in the meat and close the lid.
- The meat pie is ready when it reaches a core temperature of 97°C (207F).
- Let it rest for half an hour under aluminium foil before serving.
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.