In the Netherlands, nobody knows corn dogs. So I had to make a special version to introduce them to my Dutch audience. I made them with typical dutch ingredients. Potatoes and cheese. That’s the stuff we eat the most over here.But when you see what we did with the traditional corn dogs, I’m sure you will want to try them.
- 2 tbsp paprika powder
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 250 grams flower
- 4 ps eggs
- 250 grams bread crumbs
- Boil the potatoes till they almost fall apart. Mash them with a potato masher until you can knead the puree into a ball.
- Mix the ingredients for the spice mix and add it to the mashed potatoes. Give it a stir, and the potatoes are done for our bbq dogs.
- Cut the cheese, so you have pieces of 2 x 2 x 10 cm. Steak each cheese log on a Chinese chopstick.
- Now you can form the potato dough around the cheese. Shape it until it looks like a corn dog.
- Make the breading station by filling 3 bowls. One with the flour, another with whisked eggs and the last one with the breadcrumbs.
- Dip the cheese dogs in the flour and roll it around till the potato dough is completely white. Shake off the excess flour.
- Then dip it into the whisked eggs and finally in the breadcrumbs. Lay the bbq dogs on a cooling rack, so you don’t damage the crust.
- Fire up the grill with a direct temperature of around 300°C (390F). Put the cheese dogs on the grates and shut the burner underneath the cheese dogs off.
- The bbq dogs are ready when the outside is golden brown.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Napoleon for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.