If you're a fan of fried chicken drumsticks, but want to enjoy them without the guilt of deep-frying, then you're in luck! With a few simple steps, you can create delicious and crispy chicken drumsticks on the BBQ using hot air. This cooking method not only eliminates the need for oil, but it also helps to retain the juicy and tender texture of the meat, making it a healthier and tastier option. Plus, cooking on the BBQ gives the chicken a smoky flavor that will leave your taste buds craving more. So, fire up the grill and get ready to savor some delicious and guilt-free BBQ fried chicken drumsticks!
- 2 kg drumsticks
- 3 tbsp kitchen salt
- 3 tbsp paprika powder
- 3 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 liter buttermilk
- Sweet & Spicy Hotsauce
- 300 grams all purpose flour
- 4 eggs whisked
- 500 grams panko breadcrumb
- Take a bowl and fill it with salt, paprikapowder , onion powder, garlic powder and a liter of buttermilk.
- Add the drumsticks to the buttermilk and mix it toroughly.
- Put a sheet of cellophane over the bowl and set it in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Fire up your Grill and set it to a temperature of 250°C/480°F.
- Create a breading station and dip the drumsticks in the flour, then the egg and finish with a thick layer of panko. Stick it carefully in the chickenrack upside down.
- Place al the drumsticks straight up in the chicken rack and let it roast in the BBQ with a closed lit.
- Check back in 10 minutes if the ends of the drumsticks are cooking faster. If so, cover them up with a sheet of aluminium foil and fold it around the chicken rack just over the ends.
- make the Sweet & Spicy Hotsauce recipe
- Once the drumsticks looks crispy and golden brown and reached a temperature of 75°C/165°F they are done.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Napoleon for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.