There is absolutely no reason to skip this recipe. If you are like me and you have a weakness for Mexican food you should try Taquitos. It’s like those chinese spring rolls; deep fried and stuffed with delicious food but then it’s slow cooked beef in the mexican way!Slow cooked beef in a dutch oven and then deep fried in a tortilla, dipped in some hot smoked salsa. This can’t get better!
- Slice up your beefneck into smaller cubes. Around 200 grams per cube will do the trick just fine.
- Gradually season your beefneck with the PitmasterX’s Classic BBQ rub
- Fire up your grill with a hot load of charcoal. In the video i'm using the charcoal proffesional from Napoleon but you could use any time offcourse.
- Sear your beefneck on your grill grate with a nice distance from the charcoal so you don't have an immidiate searing sound. Take this slowly with enough sear to get flare ups.
- Once you have that right amount of colour on the outside with enough sear marks, take off the meat or replace it to an indirect zone of the grill.
- Heat up your dutch oven over the fire and put all that beef inside your dutch oven.
- At this point i'm not refilling my charcoal but i'm switching over to briquettes because i want to have a longer and slower cook.
- Put sliced red onions, 5 whole garlic cloves, 2 whole ancho peppers and 2 bay leaves in your dutch oven.
- Finish off with 500 ml of beef broth and 1 liter of water.
- Put the lit on and let it simmer for at least 4 to 5 hours.
- This is the moment you want to prepare your salsa.
- After around 5 hours you meat is comepletely turned into fall apart tender beef and is ready for your taquitos.
- Heat up a deep skillet or something that is fry-proof along with around 400 grams of beef tallow.
- Put some meat in your small tortilla.
- Roll it up without closing the ends.
- Pro TIP: use some butchers twine to tiee up the center so you can fry them by only holing the twine and roll it around in the tallow.
- Start frying untill your taquito is golden brown and the fried tortilla is holding it's shape.
- Dip in some taquito want listen to that amazing crunch once you bite into it!
Calories: 608kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 58gFat: 41gSaturated Fat: 18gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 174mgSodium: 288mgPotassium: 827mgFiber: 0.5gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 45IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 33mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Napoleon for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.