Forget the high standards we are setting for ourselves with all these culinary barbecue recipes. What we really want is easy and delicious recipes. What we really like is minced beef, cheese, bacon and sticky bbq sauce.I just made something to please Morrison and myself, and I’m sure you will love this also.
- 1 Napoleon Apollo smoker
- 500 grams minced beef
- 2 tbsp PitmasterX classic BBQ rub
- 250 grams left-over pulled pork
- 200 grams Gouda cheese
- 12 slices bacon thin cut
- ½ cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp whiskey
- 2 tbsp ketjap manis
- ½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp tabasco
- 1 tbsp PitmasterX classic BBQ rub
- Mix the minced beef with the bbq rub and divide it into 4 equal parts.
- Cut the cheese into cubes of 2 cm.
- Spread out the minced beef as a burger and put some pulled pork on top.
- Put a cube of cheese on top and fold the minced beef around the pulled pork and cheese.
- Wrap three slices of bacon around the ball. Repeat this 3 times.
- Fire up the smoker with a temperature of 140°C/284°F and some smoke wood. Let the meatballs smoke for around an hour.
- While the meatballs are smoking, we can make the sauce. Mix all the ingredients and boil it gently over medium heat until you see a syrupy bubble appear.
- When the meatballs are smoked, brush on a couple of layers of the sauce. Let them smoke for 10 to 15 minutes, so the sauce can caramelize. When the sauce is sticky, you can take the balls out of the smoker.
Calories: 1064kcalCarbohydrates: 51gProtein: 50gFat: 70gSaturated Fat: 29gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 2gCholesterol: 216mgSodium: 1884mgPotassium: 686mgFiber: 1gSugar: 42gVitamin A: 570IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 437mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Napoleon for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.