Forget the high standards we are setting for ourselves with all these culinary barbecue recipes. What we really want is easy and delicious recipes. What we really like is minced beef, cheese, bacon and sticky bbq sauce.
I just made something to please Morrison and myself, and I’m sure you will love this also.
- 500 grams of minced beef
- 2 tbsp of your favourite bbq rub
- 250 grs of left-over pulled pork
- 200 grs of Gouda cheese
- 12 slices of thin cut bacon
For the bbq sauce
- Mix the minced beef with the bbq rub and divide it into 4 equal parts.
- Cut the cheese into cubes of 2 cm.
- Spread out the minced beef as a burger and put some pulled pork on top.
- Put a cube of cheese on top and fold the minced beef around the pulled pork and cheese.
- Wrap three slices of bacon around the ball. Repeat this 3 times.
- Fire up the smoker with a temperature of 140°C (284F) and some smoke wood. Let the meatballs smoke for around an hour.
- While the meatballs are smoking, we can make the sauce. Mix all the ingredients and boil it gently over medium heat until you see a syrupy bubble appear.
- When the meatballs are smoked, brush on a couple of layers of the sauce. Let them smoke for 10 to 15 minutes so the sauce can caramelize. When the sauce is sticky, you can take the balls out of the smoker.
Big thanks to Napoleon Grills for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.