It’s the 10th anniversary of the bacon bomb video of the BBQ Pit Boys. Talk about a massive hit on YouTube. After thousands of versions, it was time to make a Pitmaster X bacon bomb XXL.The recipe underneath is only for a bacon bomb XL. That is still a 2-kilo bacon bomb. If you want to make the XXL version just double the ingredients and get a bigger grill.
How well is this recipe
- 1.5 kilo minced beef
- 25 ps bacon strips
- 500 gram Port-du-salut cheese
- 1 part raw cane sugar
- ½ part fleur de sel
- ½ part smoked paprika
- ⅛ part garlic powder
- ⅛ part onion powder
- ⅛ part ground black pepper
- Spread out a large sheet of cling foil on your work surface. Lay the strips of bacon on the foil so they cover each other on the sides and you can’t see the foil underneath.
- Spread the minced meat on the bacon so you get a thick layer of around 2 cm (1 inch) thick.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dry rub and sprinkle an even layer on the minced beef.
- Cut the cheese into 2 cm thick bars and lay them in the middle of the minced beef.
- Now wrap the bacon bomb into a log by rolling the cling foil over. Make sure it’s really tight.
- Start your grill with indirect heat of 140°C/284°F and a chunk of smoke wood. Put the bacon bomb on and close the lid.
- When the bacon has rendered down and the beef reached a core temperature of 70°C/160°F you can take it out. Let it cool down a little before cutting it into one inch thick slices.
Calories: 539kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 30gFat: 45gSaturated Fat: 25gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 908mgPotassium: 114mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 1317IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 885mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.