I let Morrison take over the channel for a day, and he couldn’t wait to raid the fridge and grill a skirt steak. His favourite steak by far.He freewheeled it and made a magnificent skirt steak sandwich that you can’t eat without making a mess. Be prepared to shower after you eat this.
How well is this recipe
- 1 piece skirt steak indide
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 2 pieces tomatoes
- 8 slices bread white
- 4 tbsp herbed butter
- 1 piece red onion in rings
- 4 tbsp arugula
- 1 piece cucumber
- 500 grams greek yoghurt thick
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp dill fresh cut
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Put the yoghurt in a bowl and add 3 pressed cloves of garlic and the dill.
- Take the cucumber, peel it and grate it over a clean dish- or tea towel. Wrap this and squeeze all the moisture out.
- Add the cucumber to the yoghurt with the lemon juice. Stir it and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle some paprika powder over both sides of the skirt steak and start up your grill for high direct heat.
- Grill the steak on both sides until you see a nice crust. Don’t worry too much about the core temperature because the skirt steak is very forgiving.
- Season the grilled skirt steak with salt and pepper while you let it rest.
- Put a cast-iron skillet on the grill and let it heat up while you slice the tomatoes.
- Pour in some olive oil and grill the tomato slices for a few minutes. Season them with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Spread the herbed butter on both sides of all the slices of bread and toast them on the grill until they are golden brown.
- Cut the skirt steak against the grain in thin slices, and then it’s time to make the sandwich.
- Start with a toasted slice of bread and brush on the tzatziki. Put on a few pieces of skirt steak and roasted tomatoes. Next are the onion rings and the arugula.
- Top it with the next slice of toasted bread and start over.
- Do this a third time, and the anaconda style steak sandwich is done.
Calories: 495kcalCarbohydrates: 38gProtein: 39gFat: 21gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 466mgPotassium: 760mgFiber: 4gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 1665IUVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 267mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Napoleon for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.